Chia Seeds: The Superfood for Your Health
Chia seed is one of the nutrient foods in the world. This seed is extremely fulfilled with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acid, anti-oxidant, and many more micro-nutrient. Such a small element plays a vital role in reducing weight. Not only this, it controls blood pressure and keeps the heart well. Besides, it’s beneficial for the bones.
Weight Loss Chia Seed
Chia seed contains a rich amount of dietary fiber that forms a gel-like substance in the gut by absorbing water. This makes you full for longer and decreases appetite, thereby leading to lowered calorie intake. Besides, it can help slow down digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. It controls blood glucose levels effectively and reduces the craving for foods. With the following mechanism, chia seeds help in losing weight.
Do Chia Seeds help constipation?
The high dietary fiber contents in chia seeds add some bulk to the stool and help the digestive system. It softens the stool and helps it to come out easily. Besides that, they contain good amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber that absorb water and form a gel-like consistency. This improves regular bowel movements and helps prevent constipation. Along with that, they can cause intestinal motility and improve the overall movement of foods through the digestive tract.
Other Health Benefits of Chia Seed
- It meets the demand for protein as chia seed has Omega-3.
- Helps to increase energy and stamina.
- Improves memory and helps to normalize your mood.
- It keeps the diabetic in control.
- Assists the immune system to make it stronger.
- It controls blood sugar levels.
- It decreases blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Keeps free from toxin.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and hair.
- Assists indigestion.
- fills with plenty of omega-3 fatty acid.
- 5 times more calcium in it.
- Chia seed has B1, B2, B3, and Boron. It strengthens bones mixed with calcium.
- It has polyunsaturated fat which organizes calcium.
- It is enriched with a good quantity of protein. 4.9gm protein is equal to a 1-ounce chia seed.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Nutrient Database, a 28-gram, or one-ounce serving of chia seeds containsTrusted Source:
- 131 calories
- 4 grams of fat
- 07 grams of carbohydrate
- 2 grams of fiber
- 6 grams of protein
- No sugar
Himalayan Pink Salt